Friday, November 23, 2007

Skip Day, VLCD Day 33

Start of Phase 1: 10-20-07
Start Weight: 288.5
Today's Weight: 246
Overnight Loss: 1.6
Total Losses: -42.5

So I got on the scale this morning and weighed 247 and then took my shower and came out weighing 246. Ohhh, joy. lol. I will definitely take that for a dollar. Next Monday will be week 6 and I really wonder where I will end up after that. I would really love to drop a total of 60 on this first round. Where ever I do finish I will be happy with it and I know it will never come back. That is truly the joy of it all.

I am still in NY and luckily didn't have the temptation of the Thanksgiving spread that all of you had. Since I was on my protocol and its just my sister, her kids and I she didn't have the urge to go through any big cooking. It is also a sad time for her since she is going through a divorce. I am glad I was able to come spend the holiday with her and especially today since she had to go to work and I am babysitting. I have an 11 yr old nephew and 2 yr old niece. So I leave my kids with their mother to come babysit...isn't that something. Well so far so good as I have not forgotten everything I did with mine. lol.

There was one temptation though; she decided to bake me a Jamaican fruitcake for Christmas. The whole apartment smelled so so good. I made sure to fight the temptation while her and the kids taste tested it. Mine will be in the freezer until Christmas and before the beginning of round 2. Guess what I will be loading with. lol. I just cant wait to get to the point where I can indulge like other people and not have to worry about blowing up again. Ahh, happy thoughts. lol.

That's all for now.

3 comments:

Burcu J said...

Another 1.6 pound gone forever. Big Congrats. Enjoy the rest of your vacation
:)

Amy's Blog said...

Hooray, Winston! Big drop! Isn't that interesting about the shower & weight change. I had always though we gained after a shower, because the skin absorbed some water. Guess I was wrong about that! It's great that you have family who support you during this time... or ANY time of a diet. Not everyone understands. You're sister sounds really nice & I'm glad you could be there with her. I've been through a divorce & it ain't a fun time.

cherylk said...

Now that's really bizarre, Winston! My husband did the Hcg for 23 days and he would get up, weigh himself.. take a shower, and he'd ALWAYS be one pound less after. We used to joke that he must be really dirty!!

I lived in Barbados for about 6 years after high school (and on and off throughout University) I miss Christmas Black Cake! Does your sister put all that rum in it? I'm drooling right now.. I might have to dig up my old recipes. Thanks for reminding me of a sentimental favourite :)