Friday, November 9, 2007

Skip Day, VLCD Day 19

Start of Phase 1: 10-20-07
Start Weight: 288.5
Today's Weight: 257.6 (new scale)
Overnight Loss: .4
Total Losses: -30.9

I only lost .4 lbs and I know any loss is a good loss. I try to keep that in the forefront of my mind when this happens. I am wondering if the curry chicken I have been eating is causing a slow down. Any thoughts, let me know. Dr. S. says we can use seasoning and I can't imagine the curry powder having a negative effect on my body, but please enlighten me (especially Biz). Amy made a suggestion to give the citrate of magnesium a try (have used it in the past with great success). If tomorrow doesnt improve I will give it a shot and go back to eating fish and shrimp.

Today is my 3rd skip day and so far the so good. Just trying to force myselft to eat as I have no appetite. Last night I fried some ripe plantains and man did they smell good. The boys loved them so tonght they will get that as well as the curry chicken and rice. I will do some jerk shrimp on the grill with a tomato. Oh, if you cant tell I am jamacain. lol.

I want to give a HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout out to my friend Erica. I am trying to get her onboard but she is scared. She is getting married next year and wants to lose 3olbs but wont take the plunge. I will keep working on her. lol.

That's all for now...

6 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Depending on how much seasoning you used, I don't see why that would make a difference. As long as your calorie counts are 500 or less, you should be fine. And make sure you count the seasoning in with you calories, they add up too!

And please remember that Dr S says an AVERAGE of LESS than a pound a day across the board. You have had PHENOM progress so far, so you need to expect a slow down at some point! The body just has to play catch up! Right now you are averaging 1.62 lbs per day, WAY above the average!!!

It will happen, hang on to that faith!

Free me from Fat Jail said...

Thanks Biz...just anxious.

BizBuzz said...

Don't I hear ya! It gets that way for sure.

On my first round, whenever I hit a stall, which remember I had 9 of them, I would go take measurements, and every single time it wouldn't let me down.

Have you taken measurements? Did you take them in the beginning? I betcha, you would find some differences!

Amie said...

Great loss today! Over 30 lb. in less than 20 days - you are my hero!!! lol You sound like an awesome cook too, which helps worlds on this protocol. No one can say that the food is bland!

I hope your friend gets on the protocol. She would be so happy with her results... It is scary at first, but after you get going and really start losing it's like heaven. ;D

Amy's Blog said...

I totally know how you feel. You want the weight GONE. I haven't had any spices affecting my weight loss. I think you should be OK. I'm addicted to Old Bay.... which is probably mild compared with your Jamaican spices :-) But, if I use enough it's pretty spicy.

Your seafood ideas sound great. Happy Birthday to your friend Erica!

Free me from Fat Jail said...

Thanks again ladies for all your input. It feels to good not going at this alone. In fact you all are MY heros. Keep it up and see you at the finish line.